(Wenatchee, WA) With the retirement of Patrol Lieutenant Maria Agnew, Sheriff Brian Burnett announces the following reorganization and promotions. The Lieutenant position previously held by Maria Agnew has been eliminated, and will return to an appointed position.
Effective August 1, 2012 Patrol Sergeant Mike Harris will be appointed to this position, titled Chief of Patrol. Chief Harris will supervise the Patrol Division, City of Chelan, S.W.A.T. and the School Resource Officer Programs, and will also administer the Reserve and Training programs. Mike has been a life-long resident of Chelan County, and is proud of the following achievements:
- 1987 Manson High School Graduate
- 1992 Central Washington University Graduate with Bachelors of Science Degree
- 1995 Hired by Chelan County Sheriff’s as Entry Level Deputy
- 1995 Graduated Basic Law Enforcement Academy
- 1999 Chelan County Regional SWAT Team
- 2000 CCSO Traffic Coordinator with the Chelan / Douglas Traffic Task Force
- 2000 CCSO Deputy of the Year
- 2003 Promoted to Patrol Corporal
- 2005 Promoted to Patrol Sergeant
- 2007 SWAT Team Leader w/ over 12 years’ total experience on SWAT
Chief Harris is also a DUI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Test Instructor, Drug Recognition Instructor and has experience with the Marine Patrol Division.
Effective October 1, 2012 Patrol Sergeant Jason Mathews will be appointed to Chief of Special Operations. He will supervise the Detective Division, Columbia River Drug Task Force, Emergency Management, Marine Patrol, Forest Service / ORV Patrol, and will administer the Volunteers and Specialty Teams, which include K-9, Search and Rescue, High Angle Rope Rescue, Dive and Helicopter Program. Jason is also a life-long resident of Chelan County, and counts the following as some of his proudest accomplishments:
- 1993 Wenatchee High School Graduate
- 1998 Central Washington University Graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice
- 1998 Chelan County Sheriff’s Office Internship Program
- 1999 Hired by Chelan County Sheriff’s as Entry Level Deputy
- 2001 Assigned to Narcotics K-9 Program w/ a total of eight years’ experience
- 2002 Methamphetamine Precursor Deputy / Drug Detective
- 2007 Promoted to Patrol Corporal
- 2008 Promoted to Sergeant / Assigned as Supervisor to Columbia River Drug Task Force
- Five years’ experience as a Chelan County Regional SWAT Team Member
Sergeant Mathews has experience as a Marine Patrol Deputy, Methamphetamine Lab Response Investigator, Domestic Violence Instructor and has served as Vice President for both the Deputies and Supervisors Association Boards.
Also effective October 1, 2012 the current Chief of Operations / Acting Undersheriff will be appointed to full time Undersheriff. Chief John Wisemore, a life-long resident of Chelan County, started with the Sheriff’s Office in 1992 and was appointed to Chief of Operations in January 2011. He has been the Acting Undersheriff since his appointment, and will be an important and integral part of the Administrative Team as the official Undersheriff.
As the Sheriff of Chelan County I am pleased to announce these changes and administrative appointments. I am confident that the experience, work ethic, and team mentality of all involved will be of great benefit to both the Sheriff’s Office and the citizens of Chelan County. My philosophy for the Sheriff’s Office Administrative Team is to have a well-balanced dedication to the elected Sheriff, the Sheriff’s Office (agency and employees) and the persons they supervise, helping empower them to be successful in leading the Sheriff’s Office and representing the Office Core Values of Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence.