Chelan County- Fire Update Thursday 11pm
FIRST CREEK FIRE:
NEW LEVEL 3 EVACUATION NOTIFICATION FOR FIRST CREEK AND GRANITE FALLS CREEK AREAS!
Late this afternoon a Level 3 evacuation notification was put into effect for all the residences in First Creek and Granite Falls Creek drainages located approximately 10 miles uplake from the town of Chelan. The 500-acre First Creek Fire has moved into First Creek drainage. This Level 3 evacuation notification is primarily due to the “one-way-in and one-way-out” access to these two areas. Evacuation notices are being delivered by law enforcement officers.
This evacuation notification does not affect the town of Chelan or the south shore road. Visitors and recreationists can still access Lake Chelan and enjoy the amenities in the town of Chelan.
BYRD CANYON FIRE:
Evacuations remain in place for the following areas affected by the 13,300-acre Byrd Canyon Fire (this fire is 35% contained):
· Downey Canyon – Level 1
· State Route 971 Navarre Coulee Road (east side) – Level 2
· State Route 971 Navarre Coulee Road (west side) – Level 3
· State Route 97A Tunnel to Davis Canyon – Level 3
· State Route 97A from Byrd Canyon to State Route 971 – Level 3
The 7,800-acre Canyons Fire is burning a mile or so south/southwest of the City of Wenatchee. It is 10% contained.
· Level 3 evacuation notification is in place for residents in the Broadview Subdivision facing wildland areas. Homes in the interior of the Broadview Subdivision are under a Level 2 evacuation (but no homes below the canal).
· 40 homes west of Sage Hills Drive – Level 3
· 85+ homes in Number 2 Canyon east of the Gun Club to Castle Heights Drive – Level 3
· Castle Heights Drive – Level 3
· Kings Court – Level 3
· Canyonside – Level 3
· Lindille Drive – Level 3
· Queens Court – Level 3
A staffed roadblock will be located at Castle Heights Drive and Number Two Canyon Road. Only property owners will be allowed into Level Three Evacuation areas.
Increase in fire behavior in the three fires burning in the Mission Creek drainage have caused a Level 3 evacuation notification for 54 residences on Mission Creek Road from the Shelton Christmas Tree Farm to the national forest boundary.
POISON CANYON FIRE is 2,100 acres and 5% contained.
PEAVINE/CANYON No. 2 Fire is 4,000 acres:
This fire is 4,000 acres. A Level 2 evacuation notice is in effect from Tamarack to Forest Ridge.
PYRAMID Fire is 500 acres.