Wenatchee- Saturday Update:
Winds have pushed some smoke out of the valley. Picture was taken at 7am Saturday viewing From Western Aveneue in Wenatchee to East Wenatchee.
CANYONS FIRE Update as of Saturday 10:45 am
- NEW: Broadview Subdivision has been downgraded from Level 3 to Level 1
- NEW: Sleepy Hollow – downgraded from Level 3 to Level 1
- 40 homes west of Sage Hills Drive – Level 3
- 85+ homes in Number 2 Canyon east of the Gun Club to Castle Heights Drive – Level 3
- Castle Heights Drive – Level 3
- Kings Court – Level 3
- Canyonside – Level 3
- Lindille Drive – Level 3
- Queens Court – Level 3
- A staffed roadblock will be located at Castle Heights Drive and Number Two Canyon Road. Only property owners will be allowed into Level Three Evacuation areas.
- Increase in fire behavior in the fires burning in the Mission Creek drainage have caused a Level 3 evacuation notification for 54 residences on Mission Creek Road from the Shelton Christmas Tree Farm to the national forest boundary.
FIRST CREEK FIRE:
- Level 3 evacuation notification is in effect for First Creek and Granite Falls Creek areas, located approximately 10 miles northwest of Chelan. This Level 3 evacuation notification is primarily due to the “one-way-in and one-way-out” access to these two areas. This evacuation notification does not affect the town of Chelan or the south shore road. The 500-acre First Creek Fire has moved into First Creek drainage. Visitors and recreationists can still access Lake Chelan and enjoy the amenities in the town of Chelan.
BYRD CANYON FIRE:
- Downey Canyon – Level 1
- State Route 971 Navarre Coulee Road (east side) – Level 2
- State Route 971 Navarre Coulee Road (west side) – Level 3
- State Route 97A Tunnel to Davis Canyon – Level 3
- State Route 97A from Byrd Canyon to State Route 971 – Level 3
- Tamarack to Forest Ridge – Level 2. The Peavine Fire is estimated to be 4,000 acres.
- NEW: Tripp Canyon is now in Level 2