(Cle Elum, WA) Beginning at noon today, some Level 3 evacuation areas have been reduced to Level 2. Along the east portion of the fire, only areas south and east of the following roads are now accessible to local traffic and residents:
- Cricklewood Lane (off of SR97)
- Ellensburg Ranches Road (off of SR97)
- Hayward Road (off of SR10 and Ellensburg Ranches Road)
- SR10 is accessible to residents from Hayward Road east to the SR97 junction
- In the Sunlight Waters area, Sunlight Drive and Clubhouse Drive are accessible to local residents only.
Personnel from the Kittitas County Public Works Department are working on damage assessments, and crews from Puget Sound Energy and Kittitas County PUD #1 are working on utilities in these areas.
Representatives from the American Red Cross will be moving through to assess the situation and work with residents in the areas of evacuation.